In 1895, a four bedroom house overlooking the sea on the beautiful North Cornwall coast was built.
In 1933, Treglos was converted into a hotel and having been acquired by the Barlow family over forty years ago has been gradually and sympathetically expanded and refurbished ever since. Its 42 beautifully furnished and equipped en suite rooms, its standards of care and modern facilities have earned it four AA stars.
Our hotel near Padstow has a rich and varied history and includes a time in WW2 when it was commandeered for use by the armed forces. Down the years, its guest list has included Lords, Ladies, Dukes and Duchesses and, when Edward VIII visited Cornwall, Mrs Simpson was our distinguished guest.
Although we tend to play host to fewer aristocratic visitors these days, we make up for it by treating our many returning guests like royalty …